Are you dreaming of strawberry pie and strawberry jam? Does your mouth water at the thought of salads, sundaes, cakes, and more topped with those bright, delicious red berries that make their appearance around this time of year?
Very soon, the town of Kimmswick will be celebrating this delicious treat at the annual Strawberry Festival. This yearly event will be held June 3rd and 4th. Admission is free, and there is plenty of entertainment to see for no cost. Here are a few things you need to know before you join us.
- You can get your jam at the corner of Beckett and Fourth Streets, where the original Kimmswick Strawberry Jam will be sold for $7.00 a pint. Come early because this popular treat often sells out.
- You can get your jam on at three different entertainment areas. Featured musicians are The Good Sam Club Band, Jay Tighe, and Southbound Exit. There will also be Bluegrass music organized by Blue Grass Mid American/Bryan Dietz, as well as Karaoke by DJ Rockin’ Robin.
- Even more music can be found next to the information booth and jam stand, where KBDZ 93.1 will broadcast live. JC Corcoran will be there from 11am to 1pm. Come by and enter to win Cardinal’s tickets.
- Over 200 craft, food, vendor and corporate booths promise to have anything you’re looking for!
- All of our wonderful shops and restaurants will be open and will be selling strawberry themed items.
- The festival features many rides for kids, as well as a petting zoo, games, and more.
- Download the free Palaroo app to help you navigate your way around the festival.
- Kimmswick is closed to vehicle traffic from 9am to 5pm. You can park along Hwy K for a fee and then it will be only a short walk to town. Park at Windsor School campus on Hwy 61/67 for a nominal donation and be shuttled to the festival. There is limited handicap parking at Windsor Elementary in Kimmswick.
- Emergency services are available at Kimmswick City Hall.
I look forward to seeing you at this year’s Strawberry Festival! It’s going to be a wonderful, delicious time. In the meantime, enjoy the beginning of your summer vacation and remember that Dreams Really Do Come True.
All My Love,