Tomorrow is Independence Day! What fun it is to gather with family, friends and community to celebrate the birth of our great country. The Blue Owl will be happily serving delicious meals and treats from 10am to 3pm on the holiday, and of course, we invite you to join us.
Barbecue is an important part of many July 4th celebrations. So, today I offer these tips to make the most of your time at the grill, as you serve up the most amazing main dishes.
- Remember food safety. Keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold. My recent blog explores food safety in greater detail.
- Use a meat thermometer. While testing the internal temperature ensures your meat is properly cooked, it also helps you not to overcook the meat. This keeps it tender and juicy.
- Choose the right cut of meat. Very lean meat often dries out when grilling. Look for a bit of marbling when choosing a cut.
- Proper prep is important. Don’t experiment too much with spices, especially when cooking for a crowd. Keep it simple. Preheat your grill to ensure it is hot enough before grilling begins.
- Ask for help. Grilling experts are experts because they’ve learned from others, as well as their own experience. If you’re a novice griller, don’t be afraid to ask for help, read a few articles, or watch tutorials online before you fire up the grill. There are even special July 4th hotlines set up to offer grilling assistance.
Be sure to stop by The Blue Owl and see what’s in our bakery case. Your guests will be delighted and you’ll have more time to devote to grilling.
Have a safe and wonderful holiday, and remember that Dreams Really Do Come True.
All My Love,