The Annual Christmas Parade will be on Sat. Nov. 23rd at 11am. The mighty Windsor High School Band will lead the Parade. And of course, Santa and Mrs.Claus will be our honored guests!
Finish your holiday shopping early! The town will be decked out in its holiday attire, with special events planned. So make your list and check it twice then head to Kimmswick for this fun-filled family event and wrap-up your Holiday shopping early this year.
As you come into our festively decorated village, you will see a 50ft. Christmas Tree, and a Gingerbread House in the City Park! Musicians and Strolling Carolers will entertain throughout the town.
Events for the Open House are:
- 11:00am Santa Arrives at our Christmas Parade led by The Windsor High School Band
- 2 - 8:00pm Horse Drawn Trolley Rides
Enjoy a complimentary Horse Drawn Trolley Ride through Kimmswick 2pm-8pm, compliments of the Kimmswick Merchants! The streets will be lined with hundreds of luminaries to light your way! Join Santa and Mrs. Claus in the caroling. Photos with Santa available for purchase.
Kimmswick Cookie Walk Dec 6th, 7th and 8thReceive a Holiday Cookbook filled with our Shop Owners favorite Sweet Recipes. Plus, a Gift Bag and Map so you may collect a sample of your "Sweet Treats" from each Participating Merchant. Get your tickets and more information here.
Christmas Festival Weekend Dec. 6th, 7th and 8th2013 Christmas Festival Weekend
Historic buildings will be decorated in Christmas attire. Carolers, carriage rides, and other activities. While luminaries will light your way through Kimmswick during our annual Christmas Festival Shops will be open late: 10am â€“ 9pm. Restaurants are open extended hours.Old Fashioned Christmas Festival featuring:
- Carolers, Entertainment, Santa & Mrs. Claus
- The Historic Burgess How House, circa 1840 will be decorated and Open during the Festival weekend. Listen as members of the Kimmsiwck Historical Society share the history of this Log Home. Tours are free.
- Burgess How Tour Hours (Elm & 3rd Sts.)
Friday 5 - 9pm
Saturday 5 - 9pm
Sunday 1pm - 4pm
- Kimmswick Historical Society located at Vine & 3rd Sts., invites everyone to visit the Kimmswick Historical Museum to learn more about the history of Kimmswick, established in 1859.
- "Kimmswick Cookie Walk" (benefits the Kimmswick Visitor Center)
Dates: Dec 6th, 7th and Dec 8th
Tickets will go on sale in October.
Includes: Holiday Cookbook fiilled with our Shop Owners favorite Sweet Recipes. Plus, a Gift Bag and Map so you may collect a sample of your "Sweet Treats" from each Participating Merchant.
Dinner with Santa-Dec. 13th
Dinner with Santa at The Blue Owl. Dec. 13th 5pm and 6:30pm.
Breakfast with Santa Dec. 21st 9am
Call for reservations and details 636-464-3128
Girlfriend's Day- Dec.14th:
Spend a day with your girlfriends in Historic Kimmswick. This day-package will be relaxing and fun! Enjoy Shopping Lunch, MORE shopping. Relax and be refreshed while enjoying your delicious Blue Owl dessert and beverage. Have a look at the pictures from previous Girl Friend's Day Out.
|UpComing Girlfriend's Dates|
|Girlfriend's Day - Shop Til Tea - 12/14/13|
The Ultimate Girlâ€™s Day Out Events are by pre-paid reservation only. The cost per person is adult $35.00, child $15.00 and is all inclusive!
Girlfriend's Day includes:
- Entrance and tour of the Historic Kimmswick Museum;
- Lunch at the Blue Owl Restaurant & Bakery;
- A shopping passport from participating merchants offering discounts and free gifts;
- Top off your day while enjoying your delicious Blue Owl dessert and beverage. The Ultimate Girlâ€™s Day-Out Events are by pre-paid reservation only. To book your groupâ€™s reservation or call 636.464.3128.
After filling out the form you can mail it to:
The Blue Owl Restaurant & Bakery
P.O. Box 98
Kimmswick, MO 63053
Every Thursday is Anheuser Thursday. $30.00 includes Lunch at The Blue Owl, Dessert, beverage, tax, and gratuity, a Shopping Passport from all the participating Merchants, and the Guided Tour of the Anheuser Estate located in Kimmswick on the Mississippi River. Call 636.464.3128 for more details or reservations. For more information on the Anheuser Estate click here.
The Blue Owl Sweet Shoppe
The Blue Owl Sweet Shoppe at 116 Main Street in Festus featuring an Old Fashioned Soda Fountain, Pies, Cheesecakes, Specialty Cakes Pastries, Cookies, Candies Specialty Coffee Drinks Our Menu Features Soups, Salads, Sandwiches, Quiche, & Croissants
Apple Butter Festival October 2014-Dates to be announced
There are close to 100,000 people that attend this event. Come enjoy the small town ambience, stroll through our streets lined with over a hundred food, drink and craft vendors. The Kimmswick Historical Society will again be making and selling their famous Apple Butter at the Apple Butter Pavilion on Market Street. Apple Butter is for sale each day or until the last jar is sold.